Friday, August 12, 2011

Hatyai, Thailand


After around 12 hours ride from Muar Johor, finally I arrive in Hatyai, Thailand through Bukit Kayu Hitam kastam. In between there are so many stops for food and toilet but I'm too drowsy to remember them because I had double dose of drowsiness from motion sickness pills and running nose pills. Lol. I'm so drowsy till a point I remember at one of the stop, Rachel need to hold me when I stand up. Alright I’m not going to post all the photo here cause I had already posted them in Facebook. Click here for more.

Day 1

After arriving at Thailand, of course we have our breakfast which is chicken rice.

You definitely never thought of this kind of advertisement right?



I think pineapple, durian, mango and longan is the 4 most popular fruits currently in this season. And I think they taste so sweet and ripe till diabetes patients are not suitable for any of them.



While waiting for bus, we happened to witness the school level sports day parade. According to the tour guide, its Thailand’s district level sport event. Every club has a different theme. Some even came up with witchery costume. One of the biggest differences between Malaysian and Siamese parade is, Malaysian wearing long pants and shoe but Siamese are in HOT SHORT MINI SKIRT and they walk for miles in HIGH HEELS! Bear in mind they are just secondary school children. Salute!





After some visitation to temples, we finally get to check into hotel. I stayed at Kosit Hotel which cost around RM50 per night. It’s  pretty decent and clean.



See their drinking water is not in plastic bottles but in glass bottles with the metal caps! Oh ya so is their Coca-Cola. Seriously I thought glass bottled Coca-Cola had extinct.



Btw look at their I-don’t- know-what-it-call-electric-something. Usually we  have a box to put it in and we can replace it with a harder card instead of the key plate. But this hotel’s is put into the wall! And this is a magnetic starter so you can’t use any normal card.



Alright after exploring our room, we didn’t rest as scheduled, we put on our walking shoes and decided to explore the town on our own. Of course the first thing to do is to exchange currency. In Malaysia is RM1 to 9.90baht, but in Thailand you will get RM1 to 9.95baht.



Ok next I will just labeled everything with its price

Doi Chaang Coffee RM4.50 According to Rachel( cause I don’t drink coffee) its taste very thick and as good as Starbucks. They grind the coffee bean on the spot and you can smell the aroma way before you reach the stall.




Banana Cream Pie RM4.50
Yes that whole cream pie is only RM4.50! At first I thought it was per quarter. It doesn’t taste too sweet or too creamy, at the end you might still longed for more!




Ah Guah Show RM50
There is totally different with Muar’s half-done ahguah. They look so freaking pretty! Very sexy figure with thorough trans surgery. Yes they dun have a bulging bottom front and their boobs are perfectly round and firm! But wait till you hear them speak! That’s when the beautiful dream come crushing down. LOL. The biggest joke of the day was when the photographing session, I walk pass the ahgua. Guess what I heard?

“Boss, come~ Do you wan to see my pussy??”

wtf  Rachel and I were laughing all the way back. Btw you need to give them tips. I gave RM2 per photo.





Day 2

Dim Sum and Bak Kut Teh
Each plate of dim sum cost RM1.40. One thing I must say is the pork taste better in Thailand! It doesn’t have the smelly pork taste and the meat is fresh! Bak kut teh is around RM9 per share. Btw, they are very generous with their ingredients. So no worries for big eaters with their pocket!




Next we headed off to Songklah. More temples to go.



Royal Pagoda RM3
Its RM3 per entrée. You need to take a lift to reach the middle hill. I think is kinda waste of time. But you get to see both the South china Sea and the beach.



Coconut ice-cream RM3
This can be found anywhere near tourist site. But if you are already here at Royal Pagoda, try it first! It has bread, coconut flesh, atap seed, jelly, coconut flavoured ice cream and some beans. It taste fabulous! It is a Must to try!




More photograhs on tourist sites. We went to to see the dragon, the cat and the mermaid. It’s the second statue of mermaid in the world.






Floating market
Every portion of the food here cost RM2. They have all kinds of kuih muih and drinks.




Look! The have this cute clay cup for drinks, Yes you can bring it back after you pay.




Highlight of the day is we finally got a chance to taste FRIED INSECTs! Frankly I think they taste good! Rachel say grasshopper not bad.
But I think that black beetle is too hard and has a weird taste.
We both thinks that cricket is the best and the worms are just normal.
You should see how other tourist went eeewww… yucks…… when we put them into our mouth. They taste salty and crunchy, that’s all. But when we offer them some,  they make a big fuss while putting them into their mouth, but the next second when chewing them, they decided to get themselves another pack! LOL I told ya, it taste good!
*to be continued*

0 comments:

Pages