Friday, August 19, 2011

Hatyai, Thailand (2)


Alright here comes the part 2
Before that, just wanna let you know Songklah is about 1hours plus journey away from hatyai town. Those tourist’s sites like temple, floating market, statues, most of them are in Songklah. So if you were to backpack there, you can hire a van, tutu car is too uncomfortable for such a long distance. If girls, go in a group because I heard one of the aunty said her relative’s wife was fetch away by a tutu car and till now is still missing. So just be careful and cautious.


Day 3

Pasar

this is the second pasar. the one that you can buy alot alot alot of stuff...

For me and Rachel, we combed all the three pasar thoroughly. It’s very big. They sell all sorts of things ranging from fashion to food and even utilities. Girls, this is your paradise.  Branded imitations, shoes, clothes, and assessories!!!! You will keep on going

“OMG! It’s so cheap~~”  “look at this, it’s so worth it!!”

But remember to bargain! Start off with the price lower than half of the price tag. If you are the first customer of the day, just offer any price, and they definitely have to sell it to you. They have this pantang larang where they must close deal with the first customer of the day or else they can’t get any business later anymore. But please do not bargain just for fun, you might get into trouble for that.

Guys, this pasar will be your hell. This place is so hot and crowded. You will be scratching your head and asking how can all this girls enjoying their shopping so much in a gigantic sauna?? So I recommend you to leave your girl friends alone and sit down for a coconut drink!

Coconut Drink RM3/RM3.50

The normal green coconut is RM3 and the Kelapa Bakar(Burned coconut)  is for RM3.50. Personally I prefer Kelapa Bakar because it’s so much sweeter than the other. And it definitely taste better.


Lee Garden Plaza


A normal shopping complex with the only McDonald in that area. One of the attractions there is the flea market.they will spread carpet on the floor and sit down to do their business. Again assessories, clothes, souvenirs and even more! I think I should mentioned it here, there are sketching artists( portrait) around in Hatyai and they are very very good at it. Perhaps if u want to have one, prepare a space in that piece of drawing in your luggage. Or else it will be crumpled by the time you come back. Each sketching cost RM20 and takes around 20minute to finish it.

Mango Glutinous Rice RM5

Sweet mango with plain glutinous rice and some sweet sauce.. I have no idea what that sauce is but all that I can say is IT TASTE FABULOUS!!
Fried oyster RM10



The main difference between Muar’s Or Jian and the Or Jian there is the size of the oyster is bigger over there and they do not use tapioca flour in Hatyai.

So that’s it folks.
I think that’s all the information which I still remember about Hatyai, Thailand. If you are aiming for a low budget holiday, I think you should try out this town. The food and accomodations overall its cheaper  and even shopping is so much cheaper! Look out for air tickets if you cant bear the long ride. But I dun mind at all because the bus that I took was very comfortable. Of course with the effect of Double dose of drowsiness, it spared me all the back ache and stiffness. But I find my knee getting stiff and painful after not stretching for few hours( maybe due to the coldness of the air con).


So I shall conclude that my second honeymoon trip with Rachel is a blissful and sweet one. Lol I sounds so wrong. I’m happy to have such a easy going partner  to travel with.
Most important of all, local girls took picture with us just because we are tourist!!! I think we are just too pretty!!



Love this trip to the max!

0 comments:

Pages